For over years, EPDM rubber has been a popular roofing material, especially flat or low-slope roofs. It can be used for both residential and commercial buildings. It is a simple, long lasting roofing system that consists of a single-ply sheet of rubber that is fitted using adhesive. So what are the advantages of using this roofing system?
- The rubber membranes that are used are flexible and can last for up to 50 years.
- The rubber sheeting is resistant to UV as well as infra-red light, which means that there is no need to add any additional surface protection.
- EPDM offers significant protection from extreme weather, industrial pollutants, and chemicals.
- Rubber roofs have an insulating quality that offers significant resistance to heat and cold.
- EPDM is eco-friendly and does not release any harmful emissions.
- The material is elastic, and yet, does not undergo shrinkage.