In most instances, people tend to shy away from light colored home décor fabrics. The major reason for this is because light colors tend to easily stain and get soiled. People, therefore. prefer to get darker colored upholstery and curtains. Despite this, there are several advantages of lighter colored fabrics and they are highlighted below.
- Lighter colors are more radiant and often have better aesthetics.
- Lighter hues exude luxury and they blend in better with the surroundings.
- You can expect less fading of lighter colored fabrics which means you can clean them more often.
- Light colored fabrics make spaces look bigger and more spacious.
- Lighter colors blend in well with natural light.
So, the next time you are shopping for curtains or if you want to change your upholstery, do not be too quick to go for dark colors.