We all love our pets but in many cases they leave their odor all over the place and often stain furniture. We have put together a couple of tips that you should consider if you want to do away with those pesky odors and stains from your beloved pets.
Wet Stain Removal
- The first thing you need to do is use cloth or paper towels to soak up the liquid matter. If you are removing pet urine from a carpet for instance, you can place a towel on the area and cover with a wad of newspapers. Leave this on for a while to absorb the liquid.
- After soaking up the stain, use some cold water to clean the area. Use a vacuum cleaner or blotting method to remove any excess water after the process of rinsing the area.
Removing Set Stains
- The most effective way of doing away with old stains is by hiring carpet and upholstery cleaning specialists who have the expertise and hardware to do a thorough cleaning.
- If you cannot access a professional cleaning service you can use a wet vacuum cleaner or extractor to get rid of stains.
- When the spot it clean you can apply some odor neutralizer. Ensure you read through the instructions and understand them well before using a specific product.
- If the stain is still visible after applying the odor neutralizer, you can give try a different stain remover.
Avoid steam cleaners at all costs because the heat produced by them during cleaning can permanently set a stain.